for your enlightenment and entertainment

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not the IDIUT of the Week but a Fucking IDIUT Nonetheless



As I mentioned in the last post, I think Chad Ford is a fucking retard. He and John Hollinger definitely top the long list of terrible people working at ESPN. Because of my hatred of him, I decided to compile a list of terrible predictions this "ESPN Insider" has made.

1. Chad Ford's first 5 picks in his 1984 NBA mock draft

1. Houston Rockets - Akeem Olajuwon

Analysis: This is a tricky one. Will Olajuwon be a good fit with Ralph Sampson? My inside sources suggest it may cause conflict. Houston could easily be looking to trade out of this spot, or could go a different direction altogether.

me- yeah you have some shitty inside sources because the dream went on the run the city Houston for like 20 years.

Star-divide

2. Portland Trailblazers - Sam Perkins

Analysis: An NBA source told me today that the Trailblazers might be the one team who would take Perkins over Sam Bowie. Mychal Thompson is solid, but the Blazers are looking for a defensive player like Perkins to pair with Thompson's offense.

me- well I don't know a whole lot about Sam Bowie, but I do know that the Blazers drafted him not Perkins

3. Chicago Bulls - Sam Bowie

Analysis: The Bulls will have an easy choice here is Bowie is still on the board. There's been talk that Bowie might be injury-prone, but he's looked great in workouts and his knees don't appear to be a concern.

me- can you imagine if Chad would have been right? no Jordan on the Bulls? If someone went back in time and made this true then we would probably be living in like Terminator world where everything is destroyed and robots enslave humans.

4. Dallas Mavericks - Melvin Turpin

Analysis: The Mavericks are the big losers of this draft, with the obvious prizes of Olajuwon, Bowie and Perkins off the board. The Mavericks still need size, though, so expect them to take the University of Kentucky standout. I hear he's coming into workouts in great shape, according to my sources.

me- Who the fuck is Melvin Turpin and how is Jordan not off the board yet?


5. Philadelphia 76ers - Lancaster Gordon

Analysis: Philadelphia might go with Michael Jordan, or Auburn's Charles Barkley. But Gordon is a great fit and I think Gordon is the obvious pick here.

me- oh yeah Lancaster Gordon is totally the obvious pick here Chad.


After the jump, we'll cover some of the long-shot picks of this year's draft, such as Jordan, Barkley, and expected bust John Stockton from Gonzaga.

me- no comment


2. Chad Ford on Darko Milicic before the 2003 Draft

“Darko really is one of a kind. He runs the floor, handles the ball, shoots an NBA three and plays with his back to the basket. So you can slot him at the 3, 4 or 5. Okay, a few other guys can do that too; what sets Darko apart is his toughness in the post. You’ve got to love a guy who has the footwork to spin by an opponent but still prefers to lower a shoulder and bang. Fact is, Milicic plays in attack mode at both ends of the floor. The more you push, the more he pushes back.”

3. I really don't have the time to go sort through the millions of "insider" rumors he throws out there, but I can tell you he's wrong 97% of the time. Go back to George Mason douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment