for your enlightenment and entertainment

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Athlete of the Day---Bryan Whitt


So there's this high school wrestling phenom down in Virginia Beach who absolutely runs the 119 pound weight class. Bryan Whitt, a senior at Cox high school in VB, won his 5th consecutive Virginia state title (4 at Norfolk Academy 1 at Cox) this year. He didn't grind his way through the tourney with a bunch of close matches, he Jerome Bettised the bracket pinning everyone in the first period. He probably could have just stood in the middle of the mat and let all 5 guys come at him at once pinning all five at the same time. 2 with his arms, 2 with his legs, and 1 with his head. He is currently the ranked 6th among seniors in his weight class in America and 1st in the southeast. He was also one of those kids in the Faces in the Crowd section of Sports Illustrated which is fucking legit. Reminds me of my high school golf glory days minus the accolades and dominance.

At the beginning of the video I was thinking to myself, "psh, this little dude wouldn't stand a chance against my thunderous pile drivers and bone crushing people's elbow. I've got 60 pounds on him. I'll just throw him into the crowd, grab a folding chair, and go to fucking work." My feelings of supremacy lasted about 10 seconds. I don't know much about real rassling, but I know I wouldn't stand a chance against this kid even if we started the match with me having him in a sleeper hold. I mean I was feeling for that poor dude in the black. Make sure you pay close to his right arm from about 1:05-1:10. Now I'm no doctor, but that shoulder is dislocated as fuck. Whitt just gets up and walks away like a fucking badass. He probably pointed at his next opponent and just nodded his head. Queue the George Brett pant shitting moment for that doomed kid.


PS, the last athlete to come out of Cox with this much hype went on to D3 golf superstardom and immortality.



thanks nuzzy

9 comments:

  1. that kid is screaming for a doctor as soon as the ref confirms he just got dominated. rough shit, especially when its caught on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. superstardom and immortality...questionable choice of words. If he reads this blog, his ego is literally going to explode.

    DPM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing we didn't post the picture of him. It's better for the rest of us that he remain anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kid looks like Macauley Culkin what a faggot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like DPM and Tiny need to reserve their seats for the Player Haters Ball this year, because they're both nominated for the Player Hater of the Year award. Show some respect.

    Big Dick Balla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Dick Balla reading blogs mid-afternoon on a weekday/workday...workin hard or hardly workin? Judging by the work ethic he had on the golf course in college, I'd say it's the latter.

    DPM

    ReplyDelete
  7. DPM needs to chill with the hypocritical behavior. He quit D3 golf 1st semester sophomore to "focus on his studies." What a dweeb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erroneous on all accounts. I didn't play freshmen year, but I played all of sophomore year and then quit. 'Focus on my studies'-seriously Bret? I've got the mind of a fucking scientist (and a burned out golf game).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs a work ethic when raw talent does the job?

    BDB

    ReplyDelete