for your enlightenment and entertainment

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Could the Old Portis be Back?


The Washington Post reports that Clinton Portis is optimistic about playing under his former coach Mike Shanahan.

My feelings about Clinton Portis have always been hot and cold. On one hand, he can be an ultra productive "factor back"(fuck you Merrill Hodge). He has or had the talent to be a 1500 yards per year RB, but he's only done it twice in his career with the Redskins. He actually rushed for 1500 yards in both seasons under Shanahan. I don't want to sound like the broken record that is Redskin optimism, but Portis could have a big year. Maybe not 1500 yards because I mean he's old and everything, but if he stays healthy I think he could go for 1000-1200 which would be huge.

Okay so here's the other hand...He's fucking weird, unruly, and is a self absorbed diva. He could be rollin and dominating defenses, then all of a sudden he'll disagree with a play or the coach sits him for a series or whatever, and he turns into the worst running back in the NFL. When he's pouting the line of scrimmage looks like its been boobie trapped with a wire because he literally trips over it. He can go for like 20 consecutive runs of 2 yards or less because, wouldn't you know, when he trips over the wire he gains his body length which is about 2 yards. I've seen him do it I'm not exaggerating.

Anyway, I really don't remember him all that much when he was with the Broncos because I refused to accept a Denver RB who wasn't Terrell Davis. All I know is he had over 1500 yards on 5.5 yards per carry both of those seasons. Hopefully Shanahan won't push his buttons so we can have a nice quiet productive season.


PS, I've said it once and I'll say it again...There's some weird connection between the Redskins and Wizards. I think about Gilbert coming from Golden State after two season and being a fucking weirdo.

PPS, no it wasn't Halloween...


No comments:

Post a Comment