for your enlightenment and entertainment

Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Kid is Tougher than a Wal Mart Steak


So Tiny hit me with this touching article about a 16 year old kid who lost his leg at the mid thigh in a boating accident less than 2 years ago. Guess what he's doing now? Throwing heat in high school baseball games. Think about it. I've seen football and basketball players sit out longer than that with torn ACLs. Try having your left leg ripped off mid femur and your right achilles tendon sliced by a boat propeller. That blows my mind. When I started reading the article I was thinking this kid limped out to the mound to a standing ovation, threw to a batter who took it yard, then went back to the dugout to another standing O like when they let those kids with downs syndrome score in a basketball game or run for a touchdown. I was dead wrong. This dude was throwing 80 mph heat and nasty curveballs. He allowed one hit and one unearned run in 5 and a third innings. What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment