for your enlightenment and entertainment

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Go Away Martha Burk


I'm sure everyone remembers Martha Burk. She's the woman who said that the PGA Tour was being sexist for hosting the Masters at Augusta National because it's an all male club. I'm going to leave it at that because I don't have time to get into everything involving that ridiculously infuriating situation. She's so attention hungry that she would cry sexism at a Boy Scouts meeting. Anyway, she's back in the news talking shit about Augusta and Tiger saying things like, "I just have never trusted the guy [Tiger] that much. That is my personal opinion. I am a Ph.D. psychologist. I have a little experience." The first part about that quote didn't bother me that much. It's the smug "I am a Ph.D psychologist. I have a little experience." that really pisses me off. Sweet Martha. Does being a psychologist make you a mind reading gypsy now? No. Does it make you look like an arrogant, retarded asshole? Yes. Leave the Masters and everything involving the PGA Tour alone. It is by far the best professional sports league in the world. It probably raises more money for charities than the NBA, NFL, and MLB combined. I have a theory as to why she causes controversies involving the Masters. Because it's the most non-controversial sporting event in the world! It's full of traditions like great competition, well behaved fans, fair prices for food and drinks, badass green jackets, and playing on the greatest course in the world that Bobby fucking Jones built for it to be played on. She isn't important enough to do any significant damage to the Masters or Augusta. She is, however, like a little fucking dog that won't stop barking. It's not going to make me stop what I'm doing, but I still want to kick it or something. To quote my VP of Operations Double B, "I like Martha Burk about as much as I like Nancy Pelosi, and I like Nancy Pelosi about as much as I like a kick in the nuts." Well put dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment