for your enlightenment and entertainment

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Minor League Pitcher Stops Robbery at Wal-Mart


Curtis Petersen was just picking up some toilet paper from his local Wal-Mart. Next thing you know he is a local hero. Petersen is the 6'4 pitcher for the Florida Marlins farm squad, the Greensboro Grasshoppers. After walking out with his TP, Petersen saw a man throw some lady to the ground. Petersen dropped his bags and ran over as fast as he could to put the perp in a choke hold. “I had a hold of him, and he threw the keys back to the lady and said, ‘All right, all right, just let me go.’ And I said, ‘I don’t think so.’ “ Petersen waited for the police to get there to put the man in jail.

It's nice to see something like this in the sports world. Curtis Petersen seems like one of the few genuine professional athletes. Fuck the pros who hang out with one of those Make-A-Wish retards for a day...they HAVE to do that shit. I guarantee if half the guys in the NBA were in Petersen's shoes they would have ignored the situation. And I'm personally willing to bet that 3/4ths of the Denver Nuggets would have been the guy trying to steal the car.

Anyway, mad props to Curtis Petersen. I hope the Marlins bring him up to their roster just for being a fucking awesome person.

No comments:

Post a Comment