for your enlightenment and entertainment

Friday, April 16, 2010

Note to Jerry: Golf is Hard


I hate when professional athletes from sports like football and basketball think that they can do anything. Jerry Rice fired an 83 yesterday in the first round of his first tournament on the Nationwide Tour. Apparently Jerry is a scratch golfer, but what he doesn't realize is that these guys are 50 times better than that. You can't just be like "I can compete out there because I break par at my home course sometimes." It doesn't work like that. Go play with any professional golfer who is on the Nationwide Tour on his home course, and I guarantee you he doesn't shoot worse than a 66. I really hope someone came in the grill after the round and said, "I heard you fired a monstrous number today Jerry." like David Simms did when Roy shot 83. Rice blamed his 83 on his putter. If you're a professional golfer, you don't blame anything higher than a 76 on the putter. Period. Anything higher than that means you realized you just didn't have it that day and gave up. Only a cocky athlete who has dominated his whole life would blame a number that high on his equipment. I mean Jerry, what would have happened if you made 6 more putts? You would have shot 77. That would put you at T140 instead of T153. Good playing dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment