for your enlightenment and entertainment

Friday, March 5, 2010

Chris Samuels Retirement



Chris Samuels joined the Skins as part of the 2000 draft class that included Lavar Arrington. Since then, he has been a staple at left tackle for the skins. Despite the rotating door of coaches, systems, and quarterbacks, Samuels has remained entrenched at left tackle for 10 years. A perennial Pro Bowler, Samuels has been one of the best, most consistent offensive tackles in the league the past decade. I would say had it not been for the likes of Jon Ogden and Walter Jones he would have been the best. Plus he wears a beastly neck roll. I wore a neck roll in high school to try and look like Samuels, not because I was afraid of neck injuries. Samuels is one of the good guys, and you hate seeing him forced to end his career because of injury. But if my spine was shrinking and the next hit could paralyze me I'd retire and sit on my $60 mill too.

PS- check out this video of Samuels laughing while Clinton Portis defends Mike Vick. Only stupid thing he's done in his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment