for your enlightenment and entertainment

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Athlete of the Day---Chet Steadman


Chet "the Rocket" Steadman is your classic aging pitcher who is past his glory days. Equipped with a bum arm and a mustache, Steadman sets out to be a mentor to young Henry. He was skeptical of the kids at first, but I mean who wouldn't feel threatened by a 12 year old who can throw it faster than fuck. The Rocket is more than just a great mentor for Henry. He is also a father figure in Henry's life. This guy is so selfless it's unbelievable. If I were an aging pitcher with an arm that could rip off the next time I threw it, and some little kid walked into the locker room and, with a voice squeak, says "Hi! I'm Henry Rowengartner! I'm the new pitcher!" I'd call a retirement press conference faster than you can say I. Queue the mid life crisis. So kudos to Chet for hanging in there.


PS, I'd nominate Chet Steadman for "Name of the Decade"


Fast forward the video to the 1 minute mark. The beginning is retarded

No comments:

Post a Comment