for your enlightenment and entertainment

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quote of the Day


"When I hit it I heard the crowd going crazy and I was like, 'Wow, that was a sweet jumper, they must have liked that one.' I had no clue."

- Matt Harpring, on receiving a pass from Mark Jackson and making the jumper that gave Jackson his 10,000th career assist.

Talk about ego devastation. Matt Harpring has always been known only for playing hard defense. He probably had dreams every night of doing something sweet on offense. When he made that shot, his lifelong dream came true then it was cruelly snatched from him. I don't think Harpring or his ego have recovered. I mean watching him struggle through highlight commentary on NBAtv is like watching the 3rd string QB come in the game when the other quarterbacks get hurt. They're just playing terrible and you can just see the hurt in their eyes after each interception. They're watching their career die a slow painful death. You can tell Matt just bawls his eyes out in the dressing room before and after each show. Get it together Matt, I thought it was a "sweet jumper"(see picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment