for your enlightenment and entertainment

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lakers vs. Celtics- Who ya got?


Since the mainstream media is making such a big deal out of this matchup, I figured I would go ahead and share my thoughts about this game. My initial thought about the game is that I don't give two shits about it. I mean, not only is it barely the midpoint of the season, but neither of these teams are playing well right now. I'm more interested in the Cav's vs. Clippers matchup at 6. Cav's have won 22 of 26 and are playing great ball right now without their 2nd best player Mo Williams. They also have a 5 game lead in the East and I don't think they will be caught. I'm also very interested in the continued playing time and development of JJ Hickson and Jawad Williams. These two young guys could be huge players for the Cav's down the stretch if they don't make any trades.

Anyways, The Celtics have dropped two big games this past week, including a ugly loss to the Magic where they blew a a double-digit fourth quarter lead. They also lost to the Hawks for the 4th time this season. Granted these games don't mean shit right now, but they indicate that the C's have some legit problems. The first one shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, they are old as fuck. I give them a 0% chance of being healthy going into the playoffs. KG seems done, there is no way he is completely healthy right now. Did anyone else see Rashard Lewis waltz around KG multiple times the other night for big buckets over and over again. While many people think they are still the best team in the East when healthy, they won't go anywhere if they aren't completely healthy.

The Lakers on the other hand have their entire roster healthy, but they've had problems in big games this year. Even Kobe thinks this team is soft. With their entire roster available to play they can't claim the injury woes that the Celtics can and have no excuse for failing to show up in another big game. Kobe's finger injury isn't a problem, he's still been the same Kobe and he's shooting over 50% the past 3 games on this road trip and his scoring average is right where it should be. The things I'm looking for from the Laker's is whether or not Ron Ron steps his game up. Ever since he got tanked and somehow ended up with a concussion he hasn't played well at all. I also want to see how Pau "I look like a horse" Gasol matches up physically with Boston inside. I think if they are physical with him early he will be thrown off his game.

The line for this game is Lakers -1.5. I like the Lakers in this game. They have far less questions than the Celtics. They are still looking for a big game win this season and I think they get that today against Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment