for your enlightenment and entertainment

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Athlete of the Day---Rudy Ruettiger


I'm not sure if there have been a sports figure in history who has put more tears in more dudes' eyes than Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger (sorry Brian Piccolo), but when he runs in that game looking all confused and intense you just have to get choked up. To make matters worse, he gets that sack. I'm not going to lie it gets me. I know it's coming every time but it just doesn't matter.

If you don't know who Rudy is, he's the midget of a defensive end who sacked the shit out of that Georgia Tech QB in the most irrelevant play of the game. He was 5'6" tall and only 165 pounds, and a about 160 of those pounds were in his heart.

Not to take anything away from Rudy, but he was completely out-acted by his all star cast mates. I mean there's no way Sean Astin has the acting chops to be on the same screen as Vince Vaughn (below awesome) and Jon Favreau. I'd be pissed if I were the real Rudy. Astin's only quality acting performance was as the weightlifting phenom Doug Whitmore in 50 First Dates (pictured right, he's on the right by the way).
Anyway, Rudy is still the only player to be carried off the field at a Notre Dame game. RUDY RUDY RUDY

No comments:

Post a Comment